Sunday, March 9, 2008

The heart of a Doula

This weekend was amazing, excititing, educating, and a blessing. I learned so much this weekend, and it was great. I really truly believe in my heart that I have found what I was born to do. I have always loved, loved, loved babies. And I really do miss holding my sweet niece Anaiah, and just cuddling with her and the sweet babies that I have helped take care of since they were in their mommas belly. I also love to help people. I love it, it makes my heart feel good and it is what I have been called to do through Christ. So this weekend I was able to invest more fully in my path to becoming a postpartum doula. A postpartum doula is a woman (most of the time) who goes into the lives of a family after she has given birth. A pd takes care of the mother, the baby and assists the family in making the transition of bringing the newborn home.

Ok....so here I am a month later finally finishing this post. I am loser for not getting back to it sooner! As you can tell, I am in the process of heading a different direction in my career path. I will still be providing child care, but it will be with infants and will involve more taking care of the mother and family as well. I can not wait to continue this journey! I have all ready helped out a few families for a doula company here in Portland, and one family was very challenging. But in that challenge I was able to over come and it turned out pretty good! 

If any one knows a family who is going to have a baby or just has..send them my way! I need to get more experience! 

1 comment:

brenda said...

I am going to have a baby, you can come my way if you want to experience points!