Monday, January 5, 2009

A Year of New Adventures...

I can not believe we have just welcomed the beginning of another year and that it is 2009. Remember when it was the New Millenium (SP??) and every one thought the world was going to end? That was 9 years ago, the same year I graduated from high school! I can not believe how quickly time has flown by since then!! As I sit here in 2009, I can't help but think about this past year and it's events.
I began 08 saying goodbye to my dear sister, brother in-law and precious little niece. That was really hard...but in some ways this year without them has flown by! It took some time to adjust to life with out them in America, and I still find myself doing that often. March brought me to my official Doula training through KAPPA. That was an amazing weekend, and I am so thankful that I have finally found what I want to do with my life. I am still on the road to being a certified Doula,learning more all of the time and getting more experience when the opportunites arise. In May I was able to go home and visit with my family over Memorial Day weekend. During that visit, I helped my mother go through our entire house and we picked out paint for every wall. It was quite the task, but we got it done and after it all being painted, it looks pretty fantastic!! The summer was spent with several trips to the beach with my babies and lots of fun in the sun! We (meaning me and the family I nanny for) went on vacation in August and had a great time with the Collns and Jennings families. During that trip I got some amazing pictures while we were at Ecola Park watching the sun set- it was a BEAUTIFUL night! In October I was able to go home to the farm and I brought Carey and the kids with me! We all had a lot of fun riding horses, feeding chickens, chasing cats and riding on John Deere! I also decided to quit my job in October, while it was one of the hardest decisions I have made, it was a good one (I think!!).
November went by quickly, and then December came and went just as fast. In December the Fox family lost sweet Hadley and that was so very sad. She was such a sweet,lively girl who will be greatly missed. My family and I had a great Christmas and were VERY thankful to have made it to Idaho!! We played lots of games, ate lots of food, saw LOTS of snow, and shared lots of hugs and laughter. It was great being with my family!!!
2009 is shaping up to be a great year thus far!! I am leaving for Africa next Monday to go and visit my sister and her family!! I can't wait. It will be so weird to actually be with them and to see Anaiah walking and talking!! And to meet my little nephew who could arrive any day now! I look forward to 09 being a better year than last, with less tragedy and loss. I hope to grow more in love with my God and learn how to walk in His path daily. I hope to find a great job and to really begin my career as a Postpardum Doula. I hope to find love in all areas of my life. I hope to be a friend to everyone and to love the way I have been called to.
Hats off too a great year!!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm glad you're excited for 2009 too, and it sounds like you've got some great things planned! I hope you really enjoy your time in Africa!!!

Unknown said...

I know it will be weird to see Aimee with two kids! With Anaiah being so old! I am so excited for you to go an see what they are up to and where they are living, it will be wonderful!