Monday, September 28, 2009

Time for a MASSIVE update!

Ok, so sometimes I even wonder why on earth I ever started a blog!!! But I know that way down deep in my heart I did it too keep the 2 people who read it informed about what is going on in my life!!! Haha!!! So I guess since the last blog I did was wayyyy back in the month of May I have a little bit of catching up to do! So here it goes...don't hold your breath as this may take a while....so if I go back and begin with June, I will just say that overall it was a busy month. But the highlight of June was being able to first, go home and visit my family! I love going home to Idaho, it is always so great to see my mom, dad, sister in law, brother, grandmas, cousins, aunts and uncles!! But one of my reasons for going home this time was to help my mom complete the playroom that she had been working on for her wonderful grandchildren! So before going home I forced (wink,wink) myself to go and walk around Ikea for a few hours collecting furniture and stuff she needed to have for the playroom. I also managed to pick up a few things for me as well. I don't go there very often because it really is a store that I love and it is not/ would not be very difficult for me to buy lots of cute things there!!! So I ended up driving home and got there and back safe and sound. While there I was able to help my mom put together furniture and put last minute touches on the room. It ended up looking so fabulous!!! And Anaiah LOVED playing in it while she was at Nana and Papa's house! Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure :)



Something else I did in June was fly to Arizona to attend the annual CAPPA conference. CAPPA is the organization I am getting my postpartum doula certification from. And I had such a wonderful time there! It was absolutely great- we had great weather, great speakers, great pools and great company! I met so many women who inspired me to stick with this and to get my butt in gear and finish up! It was a great opportunity for me to learn so much new information and I walked away being even more sure that this is what I want to do!
The first weekend of July I was able to go to the beautiful place of Cannon Beach, Oregon and spend time with my beloved Smith family and some of their best friends. It was a great weekend!! We had so much fun playing on the beach, going to the parade, shopping, and doing fireworks! I am so thankful that I am still able to see them as much as I do and that they are all still a big part of my life. I treasure our moments together even more now since I do not see them on a daily basis. This year was the boys first time experiencing fire works! They have always been in bed in the past..it was a hoot to see how they reacted to them! They were all different, and some more fearful than the others, but they ended up loving them!




The most exciting event that happened in July was Andrew, Aimee, Anaiah and Evan came home from Africa for their furlough!!! I was soooo happy when the month of July was finally here! I could hardly stand the fact that after they got to the states they were in Seattle with some other family and friends for a week before making their way here! But, alas they did and I was so over joyed to reunite with them! It was amazing seeing them and their big kids! My niece Anaiah and nephew Evan are some of the most awesome, amazing kids ever and I have so enjoyed getting to know them more! It is also so awesome to see them interact with Papa and Nana Evans and Grandpa and Grandma Martin. It is one of the best things to see! And I really, really love their sweet kisses and hugs!

(Are your eyes burning yet??) Bear with me, we only have one month left for the summer months!!!

In August I had a birthday! I celebrated the big 2-7!! That is still kind of weird to say, but I don't feel old by any means! I had a great birthday and about 20 different times of celebrating (and that is just fine with me!) My first celebration was with my cousin Kelsey, who was here from Texas. We went out to a great Italian place that I love in Gresham! My best friend Elana took me out for dinner at Claim Jumper and sang to me all by herself!! I love her! Then I had a celebration with my family while we were all here in Oregon at my aunt and uncles house. And then Jamie and Danny took me to an awesome fondue restaurant! It had great food and an awesome atmosphere!! It was DELICIOUS (and we probably all gained about 15 ponds that night!)but it was worth it!!






ok, that is all I can manage for tonight! I need to get to bed...more to come! Hopefully tomorrow, but we shall see!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Yay you're back! I'm ready to hear about September!